Friday, September 9, 2011

Just a day in the life at CDWC...we can't make this stuff up!!!

So...the other day, Amy went over to a new client's house to do a quick "test visit" before our client leaves the country for two weeks. Her sweet dog is very shy and a little skiddish, so we thought, better safe than sorry, right?!

Now, let me give you some background info: Amy's phone broke over the weekend so at the time of the visit, she was still waiting on Fedex to deliver it, so she was phoneless. Our client left for the day, knowing Amy was coming by, but in an early morning slumber, set her alarm and left for a looong day of class/work...

Later that afternoon, I get a frantic call from our client saying she TOTALLY forgot and had set the alarm without giving us the code. She had been receiving multiple calls from her emergency contact as well as the Alarm system saying there had been an attempted break in...you can imagine where this story is going.

I quickly emailed Amy to let her know I had been in touch with our client and that we were sorry for the confusion and possible police run-in...

Below is an unedited email I received from Amy shortly after that which pretty much made my week...Hilarious!!! Glad everyone involved has a good sense of humor!!!!! I only wish we had a picture of the following A. Amy "reasoning" with alarm key pad and B. The moment Amy decided to get the heck out of dodge and RUN!!!

It was hilarious. I thought everything was going to be ok when the alarm stopped and this voice came through the loud speaker that said "This is ADT (or whatever), do you need us to call the police?" And I said "No! I'm just the dog walker. Everything is fine. . ." and then she asked me if I had a pass code, I told her that I didn't, but that I had permission to be there. She asked for my name and then. . .silence. . .and then the alarm started up again. So I ran. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment